Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hair Asia 2010

I was invited by my friend-mentor, Ace Sagun, to attend one of the biggest event in the field of Hair and Make-Up.... Hair Asia 2010. It was my first time to attend such event. Actually, I love attending conventions and fairs because there are a lot of cheap offers from different suppliers. But this one, aside from the make-up and salon items on sale, the highlight is the hair and make-up competition.

When I arrived at the World Trade Center, the competition for commercial make-up already begun. I was so facinated how the competitors do make-up for their models. So professional from the way they hold their brushes up to how they apply and blend the make-up. I didnt watch the announcement of winners so I decided to roam around and look what I can buy from the fair.

I was actually trying to look for a caboodle (make-up box). I found some but it's too big and expensive. So I decided to give up the search and just see other stuff. I end up buying magazines, hair clip and an eyebrow pencil from James Cooper. After hours or looking around, I decided to go back to the arena where the male haircut competition is on going. But since im not into hair-cut, my attention was immediately cought by the models and competitors outside the arena preparing for the bridal make-up competition. No make-up application was done yet, but the hairstyling. The models are so pretty and, to be honest, young for bridal. But who cares, they're models. I have recognized some of the models to be commercial models and artist.

After minutes, the competition for bridal make-up started. The competitors once again show their creativity and talent when it comes to make up. At this part, I bacame very observant since I also do bridal make up. Honestly, there are some MUA (make-up artist) who used dark colors for the eyes. It's very contradicting from the bridal make-up that I know, which uses neutral colors. Of course I have to consider that these competitors need to make their models look good in personal and in camera. When the winners was announce, still the bride with the most natural, simple and elegant make up won. I was so happy coz if im going to do a bridal make-up, I would like my model to look as natural as possible, just emphasizing on her good features.

It was a very long day. But it was all worth it. I learned so much just by observing. I was more inspired to focus and excel on my make up and told my self that I will also join that competition someday. I will definitely attend the next Hair Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment