Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Suesh Experience

Last week, I attended a make-up workshop with Suesh. I was so excited that, honestly, I wasn’t able to sleep the night before (good thing I’m using a good eye cream so my eye bugs are not that obvious, lol). And also, because of so much excitement, I wasn’t able to eat too, hehehehe. The workshop started @ 1:30pm. So there, I was sitting next to my trainer. She was a pretty lady named Suzzane (hope I spelled it right!) and she’s very nice and soft spoken. She’s a graduate of a Beauty School here in the Philippines. I had the one-on-one session since I cant wait for the next group session. I was so thrilled to learn from the basic to advance of make-up.

We started by discussing Skin care 101. Discussing the different factors that I need to avoid and that I need to use. Informing me of the different skin type and how I should take care of it. Also, we discussed how I should take care of my brushes and other make up tools since this will be my partners.

But what I like most from the basic make-up workshop is when she thought me how to do a natural look. It was one of the thing that I find really hard to do. A lot of my friends and clients always asked me to do a natural look on them, but I always end up doing a smokey look.

So how to do an everyday simple-natural look….

1. apply a make up base
2. apply a foundation
3. use a concealer to conceal your imperfections
4. set with a loose powder
5. fill-in your eyebrows
6. using a large eye shadow brush, apply a white/champagne colored eyeshadow from your brow bone to tour lash line, this will serve as your highlight and base for your eyeshadow
7. apply a medium color eyeshadow from your crease to the lashline
8. then apply a dark color eyeshadow all over your lids.
9. apply eyeliner on the top lashline
10. curl lashes and apply mascara
11. use a light pink colored blush on, and apply it at the apples of your cheeks
12. use a natural lipstick, or a lip color that’s close to your natural lip color (you may also use colored lip gloss or lip balm)

Very easy and simple look but it will definitely make you beautiful. Not much make up but you will look stunning the whole day. From the time that I learned this procedure, I use this as my everyday make-up, whether going to work, going out with friends or just a simple date with my hubby.

My next blog, I will tackle about the advance make up that she tought me, focusing on the smokey eyes that I so love…

No comments:

Post a Comment